FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Sillys Style

To perform the below tasks, I had to wear something.

A few weeks ago, I got it in my head that I just had to have myself a long black skirt. Being short I know it is a big no no but whatever, embrace the frump I say. Now, a long black skirt is not as easy to find as you would think. I tried all the usual suspects and the closest I could find was a long dress from Supre, but it was thin and clingy and made me feel the size of a house (as only Supre can). I asked for suggestions, I searched online but it was to no avail.

Then last Saturday, I walked past the Good Sammy's. As I past, I had a thought. What about looking there? I literally walked straight to the skirt rack and picked up a long black skirt in my size for $4. It is Stitches brand, so decent quality and although it has a old lady style split at the front, I just wear it the wrong way around.

So with my new skirt, I decided this morning I would create an outfit.

At first, I decided to take my Funkis clogs and red socks for a spin ...


... but this looked wrong. The grunge (??) aesthetic of the top and skirt and the "clog" (??) aesthetic of the socks and clogs, didn't collaborate well ...

... so I decided to play it safe and add my black boots. Oh and a belt as I decided the top was too baggy for the skirt but couldn't be bothered changing my top ...


... I wasn't feeling this either. So I changed my boots and added a scarf as it is chilly here.


Love these boots!

Anywho ... after all that, I decided I hated the whole outfit but I was tired of the whole thing and couldn't be bothered changing again and it was already midday and I had many things to do, so I left the house in it. I said I had to wear something, not that it had to look good.

Skirt - Stitches
Long Sleeve Top - Tempt
Tank - MinkPink
Clogs - Funkis
Socks - ??
Black Boots - Tony Bianco
Red Boots - Soles by Nude Footwear
Scarf - Gift from India


PS. I apologise for the not-centred pics in the middle, blogger is misbehaving and randomly not centering a few of my photos for some reason. If anyone knows why, please explain. Thanks

4 comments:

Elle said...

I really like that outfit! I think I'd like it best with the red boots but without the scarf. All options look good on you though.

Fi said...

Thanks. But get back to your studies missy!!

Now I am sounding like a mum..

Bee said...

Oh my gosh! Can I ask you where you got your boots from? I've been looking for a similar pair for aaages now!

x Bee

Fi said...

Bee - I got them from here - but they only have a 36 left

http://highheelsshop.com.au/shoes/soles-by-nude-jett-boot.html

Larger sizes here - in black

http://www.julesroc.com.au/jett-boot-by-soles.html

All sizes here - but not on sale

http://fuelclothing.com.au/shop.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=272&category_id=41

Stockist enquiries here -

http://www.nudefootwear.com.au/intro.html

I have also see them on ebay, but not for a while.

Hope that helps. They are really comfy and look even better in person.