FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Sillys - part four

Last task of the day is feeding the rentals cat Nixon. He is a wild little thing. I have no idea why he is named after an American president. Mum has basically changed his name to Nicky though. I like Nixon, so formality remains.

After our beloved Saffie passed away last year, dad resisted mum's pleads for mere months before they were at the shelter picking out a new kitty.

Nixon may be two, he may be three. He was apparently a stray found caught in a cage on large property. I believed this for a day, the very first day I met him, as he followed me around yowling at me and looking like he was going to eat me. He did have his manhood taken that day and was in a strange home so he will be forgiven.

Sans day one, Nixon is the friendliest cat I have ever met. Too friendly and easily accustomed to the rentals spoiling to be a stray. He leg rubs strangers and has no qualms sleeping in the middle of the floor in a room occupied by twenty people. Saf ran for the hills if you wore new shoes!

Below is the boy himself. We get boy cats so son-less dad has someone to male bond with. These two are pathetic together. 


A little camera shy.


Ready for his closeup. He has the most beautiful grey colouring. I will try and get a better photo one day so you can see.


Get that phone Nicky. He is ready to pounce!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Elle said...

NICKY'S CUTE.

Aw, I miss Saffron. <3 I think you should have mentioned that he had no qualms sleeping on your head!

PS, I like how I called Nixon by his shortened name and Saffie by his "lengthened" name. I rule.