FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Portmans Ponderings

Portmans and I have a sordid relationship.

Sometimes the shop is filled with amazing gems. The 100% silk, coral coloured ruffle blouse that comes out like new every wash and goes with everything. The $17 jacket that even my dad compliments. Oh and the  knee length leather pencil skirt for $50 (if only I could find it in my size and that did not require entering the hell that is Portmans in Harbour Town – anyone seen a 14?).

Then there are the other times when you enter and are like... what? Silk khaki harem pants and cropped safari jacket? (although I must admit I did comment I would like this on say Lively-Legsy-Titsy (aka. Serena Van der Woodsen) or Rhianna. Or the whole shop is black. Filled with ill-fitting cheap suits, one or two dull ridiculously expensive blouses . Then there was that one Cassi (ANTM Loser) campaign with this blue dress:


Anyway, I got an email re: their Spring collection this morning and I was pleasantly surprised by the aesthetic.


This skirt is darling. I especially like the length. It will no doubt be a lot less cute and shorter when it hits the store though. I find it very odd how short Portmans skirts are seeing as their target customers are working women. Anyone remember those miniskirt suits? Vom


So cute for spring. I LOVE these shoes.


I would definately wear this to work. With enclosed shoes though.


Another skirt I LOVE. I go through phases with my clothes lemmings and currently it is skirts. My wardrobe is desperately missing skirts.

I am now going to email Portmans and ask them who makes these shoes. I will share what I discover.

 Further browsing has lead me to discover evidence that the campaign is lying. Exhibits A and B- So not the same skirts as above:

             

2 comments:

Carly Findlay said...

I too find Portmans hit and miss.
I have found a few great items but lots of items are too expensive. Or they are not warm enough for me.

Simone Rennard said...

These outfits are really cute - I can't wait to see what they look like in-store though.