FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beautiful Barkin Bargains

While house sitting what three weeks ago now, I very diligently took photos of my outfits. Large house, good lighting, lots of places to rest my camera, a full length mirror (for when I finally figured out how to turn my flash off) and a pretty garden were all very inducing factors to take pics.

At present, freezing weather, an entire work wardrobe in dire need of either a clean or an iron, absence of stylish young whippersnapper  (to borrow the term from the honorable FF) to "impress" and lack of care factor means work outfits are not worth a mention. For reference, today I am wearing an ill fitting Cue suit handed down from big sister circa 2003, a tatty see-through blouse with no undershirt (as I decided to forgo the ten minute search to find one in favour of getting back into bed and playing with my iPhone for a while) and a cardigan that clashes with my blouse. Sometimes it is just too hard.

Anyway, at the bottom of my laundry pile are these two dresses that I liked to show you. Both are from Barkins, I shop I have advocated in the past. Combined they cost $85. I think they are very fine and dandy. Click here if interested in purr-chasing.

WARNING: Do not be deceived by the cute little face of the doggie who joins me in these pics. This dog and her big brother "play fight" hard. All over the house and all over the person sitting on the couch. I still have the bruises to prove it!!

Dress Number One. Flintstone print dress. $49.95


Puppy 2 appears to have her game face on. I bet Puppy 1 is growling at her over to the right. I don't remember as this photo was taken before coffee and my brain would have been rendered useless.


Puppy 2, now distracted from play fighting, has decided to check out the crazy shenanigans "stranger who feeds us" is up too. Puppy 2 is confused.



Puppy 1 and 2 are now sitting quietly in the corner mocking my narcissism. They are very intellectually advanced for their ages.


Dress - Barkins


random space, brought to you by Blogger


Tights - crappy $5 ones Coles that laddered the second puppy licked my toe
Shoes - Nude Footwear, accidentally won on eBay but were a pleasant surprise

Dress Number Two. Shadow Print Dress. SALE $34.95


Puppies were used to photo taking by this time. This photo proves the ill effect running around on bitumen after litte Fi-clone cousin has on new shoes. They look positively squashed and this was the third time I ever wore them.


I love the pattern. Maybe a little tight at the bust just now. Look how shiny my face is and scraggly my hair is.


Dress – Barkins
Cardigan – Rodarte for Target
Shoes – RMK
Tights – Target, 2 for $7

Hooroo. Off to do the work dishes as secretary feels she is too good to do them. Not that I am bitter or nothing.

2 comments:

Carly Findlay said...

You have inspired me to check out Barkins, thanks!

I love the shadow dress.

Fi said...

Dear Blogger you suck.

Carly Findlay commented this:

"You have inspired me to check out Barkins, thanks!

I love the shadow dress".

Carly - your comment was very much accepted but Blogger decided to delete it. If you can get to a store to try stuff on, I would advise it as the sizing is all over the place. Hmm, but now I recall you may have a lovely blue Barkins coat so you probably already know this :-) Is it weird when we voguettes/bloggers start remembering the contents of each others wardrobes?