FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Twirling, Twitter, Terribly Tired and Tea Time

Sorry in advance, I am tired so I don’t feel like being witty or interesting. Not that I am saying I am usually witty or interesting, it's just that I am not even able to put effort into trying to be so.

There are people in the office across me (that is in the next building not the next cubicle) doing aerobics. Before it was star jumps and now it is squats with weights. It is terribly off putting when one is trying to work.. cough. I guess that puts to rest my query as to whether they can see me when I strip starkers to get my swimmers on. I always work off the rule that if I can see them, then they can see me. This is a lesson learnt after many years of believing that if I squinted so I could not see out the window past my bed post, then the bogeyman standing man outside would know see I was in my bed. Although perhaps the fact that there is room enough for them to be running around means there is no actual office there and the fact that I have never seen these exercisers before means that have not seen me in the past. My head hurts.

Maybe from all the twirling I did in this dress today.


I left the house unaware there was a giant hole in the back of my tights today. Classy in the front, trashy high school girl who thinks holes are cool in the back. Please note I was not one of those girls. There was never knots tied, staples affixed or nail polish applied to my holes. I left them as they were and spent the rest of the day obsessing over how awful it looked. I then went home, was berated for mum for being clumsy and bought non-uniform shop tights from Woollies for the rest of the year (between you and me the non-uniform tights were not the exact same colour as the uniform shop ones so they totally made me look worse than the trashy girls - I would have preferred the ripped ones I think). Bet you didn't think that much could be read into holey tights huh.

Anyway enough about my tortured childhood. In other news, I ordered the work coffee via twitter today. I may have done it twice, one private message and one @ message as I was not convinced they got the private message, but I did it. And it was weird. Tweeting has not really taken off here in Perth. Out of the fifty odd people I follow (haha just checked and its 103), I only actually know 4 of them (including the coffee shop). Now given this fact, I think it is pretty brave of this coffee shop to embrace Twitter as it has. They have mini laptop and a flat screen above the counter and everything. I have been assured a bell goes off every time they get a Tweet too so they don't miss an order. Now answer this. What is wrong with walking into the coffee shop, ordering and waiting a few minutes for it to be made. Or better still, picking up the phone, dialling the number and speaking to the coffee shop people. Maybe I have just not been won over by Twitter yet. Celebrity babble and banter, yes. Glee kids (do tell, is it just the actors having fun or do they actually hire people to tweet for the characters?) daily run downs, yes. Using it as a way to make us even more lazy and uncommunicative  .... not sure. And I will sure need more than 140 characters to explore this one.

Just a little something for you to think about.

I just had me some Healthy Nachos for dinner.

This is what I started with.


And this is what I finished with. Yum Yum.


This is how you make it if you are interested:

Cept I added avocado too.

Anywho, I am off to scoff some licorice allsorts and maybe get an early night for once.

Piece.


Pics courtesy of my camera whose battery apparently can only take 5 pics max. I am guessing this is my the parentals were so keen to hand it over.

Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Online

No comments: