FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

As much as a packet of Goji Berries


That is how much I lost. 100 grams. Or 0.1 kilos, which is the way I say it for some reason. The weight losing thing is getting pretty ridiculous. I drank at least 2 bottles of champagne, had cake four times, had copious amounts of Indian food on Thursday night, had wonderful cheesy Mexican goodness on Friday night, had nibbles and pasta boxes on Saturday night, had “huge” toasted sandwich goodness for lunch on Sunday (ok it wasn’t huge but granny can’t help but comment on what I eat and the size of it so it felt huge – although I was not commented on as much due to the odd American women who sat next to us, ordered about six meals, two sodas and two milkshakes between them, had about three mouthfuls worth and then pulled containers from their rucksacks (I say this for effect, we call them “backpacks” in Australia.... although that is a personal joke between me and someone who doesn’t even know about my blog so I am not sure why I felt the need to even state it).. gosh where was I???? ... rucksacks and packed the food to go, and left, followed up by a huge home made mummy pizzas on Sunday night. To top it all off, I only walked once and swam once and the swim was half arsed and I only did 30 laps because as usual I was running late to get to K’s house..... So how did I lose weight? God knows. I am all in astonishment. Maybe the weight will just all appear one day, maybe not. Maybe I subconsciously over exaggerating what I am eating......

Case in point. Nibbles. My friend K set up the games table with a small nibbles platter in each corner. I sat at the one with hummus and rice crackers. I picked all night but only at the olives, hummus, salsa, carrot sticks and apple slices. I may of had a little slice cheese but lets not count that. Before, I would have eaten a lot of cracker biscuits and cheese. I didn’t even feel like I was missing out though. So I guess it’s not that bad after all. I am glad my habits are changing, and it feels quite naturally, so maybe this is the key for me.

Any who, the Goji Berries. I got some today from IGA for about $13 for 300grams. You can get them in Coles for between $6 to $10 but they usually only have 150gram packets. House mate/best friend, who we will now refer to as L, is on a gluten free diet at the moment and she picked some of these up to snack on the other day. I tried them, researched them, read the Voguettes opinions and decided they were for me.

The benefits of Goji Berries aka Wolfberries are they contain lots of amino acids, protein, vitamin C, antioxidants. They also contain some anti-cancer trace mineral. So basically they are the super food of super food. As I am now old, I need all the help I can get.

Back to the berries, I like them, others don’t. I think the taste could be acquired. You can eat them as they are, put them in cereal or oats, make tea or add them to soups. I am sure there is a myriad of other things you can do with them too.
The packet say a serve is 100 grams (which is only 1.5 WW points) but I am just going to leave them on my desk and snack on them (and sneakily not count them as points) and see how they go.

I also went to the Orthodontist to get moulds and photos for my braces today. Wait, have I Fiona Moaner’d you about my braces yet? Don't think so. Long story short, I have the teeth of a 50 year old and have to get nearly all of them crowned. Not as easy as just crowning them though. Little jaw, little teeth, eroded enamel = crowns won’t stay on so I have had to have very painful blood inducing Prosthodontics (for my genetic gingivitis that went undetected for 24 years and costs $400 a pop), followed by braces on bottom teeth to fix my bite and create more room for. YAY for me. And yay for being a complete fat ugly loser with glasses and adult braces. Haha. Woe is me. I didn’t really mean that, I just like being dramatic. I am actor after all. Ok I was an actor but that’s not the point. More on that later.

So very soon, this will be me:


Wait a minute.... Haven't I looked like this before?



3 comments:

Dont you know April Rose? said...

I feel your pain (literally)
When I was a young impressionable teen I was asked by myorthodontist “you know you have no chin don’t you?"
To rectify this ghastly no chiness they proposed to break my jaw, moving it forward and to slap some braces on.
I didn’t get the procedure and to this day I still have no chin :(

sigh.

Fi said...

Such a small world. My best friend actually had this surgery (or something very similar) when we were teenagers. Comparatively, I shouldn't really complain about braces. I like to be downer sometimes.

Fi said...

Oh and I think you have a lovely chin :-)