FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Frump-Girl Fi

This is what I wore today. It is pretty frumpy but I don't care. For some odd reason I always sway on the frumpy side when it comes to casual clothes. I fancy myself six feet tall and able to pull of that effortless chic just-threw-on-some-jeans-and-a-tee-and-look-fab-darling look (hmm I think I got my stereotypes wrong, effortless chics don't say darling do they?? I am listening to my Pride and Prejudice audiobook and Ms Bingley was just on). I am trying to teach myself that 1. I am not six foot tall with legs that go on forever, 2. At 25, I never will be and 3. I should embrace my frumpy stumpy 5 foot self nevertheless.

So Frump Girl it is.


Don't you just love it when John says "I don't remember Frump Girl, but I remember you". Sigh. I have a HUGE celebrity crush on Nia Vardalos. It's weird I know. I even follow her on Twitter and it lights my day when she updates. She is such a sweetie and regardless what people say, I think she is very talented and gorgeous. The My Life in Ruins DVD is on the top of my "To Buy" list.

Anywho, this is what I wore on my exciting trip to work this afternoon which resulted in me doing a coffee run and only ticking one thing off my endless "To Do" list. In hindsight it is very Geek Chic. In reality I built this from the socks up and grabbed anything I could find that was clean (although it appears not ironed) and relatively comfy.


Shakuhachi Panda Tee
Lovely Girl Spotted Cardigan
Sportsgirl Jeans
Socks ($7 for two from some place in Harbourtown)
Funkis Clogs

I missed the Meemo (haha I HATE it when people pronounce it that way) about short girls not wearing cuffed boyfriend jeans. I wanted to show off my new socks and shoes though. And these jeans are too long anyway and need to be cuffed dammit.

 
No it is not reversible dammit. Umm, where did this anger come from? I was so shiny before.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
There is the shine back again.
The Panda is trapped :-( Call the RSPCA

..............................

Pissing myself now. I never fail to keep myself entertained. I am so lame. This is tres hilar in my  books. Small things for small minds they say. I think I have gone a little crazy from lack of exercise this weekend. I am about to rejoin Elizabeth at Mr Bingley's house while she nurses Poor Jane (yes I have gone back to the start if you remember from my earlier post), and go for a walk. Toodles



PS. LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK I know this irks people so I will limit it despite my purchance)

Olive in a jar!!!!!!! (oops sorry) I am in heaven. Going to add this to my greek burger patty mix tonight.

6 comments:

Elle said...

Haha, thanks for making me laugh tonight!

But excuse me, did I not tell you when we (well, I) was on the balconey that I thought your outfit looked awesome? Psh. Frumpy, whatever!

Nia is so adorable.

I think the Meemo thing made me laugh the most, even though people saying it like that drives me crazy.

Hearts!

Carly Findlay said...

I love that panda tee. I have a fake pandas have more fun tee from threadless.

Fi said...

Thanks Carly. It was the first thing I ever bought online. I had to convince my sister, who was living in a small country town at the time, to buy it for with her credit card. I googled your tee, it is very cute. I don't get the name though??

Linda. Jorja from uni used to sau Meemo ALL the time and I used to repeat "Memo" every time she said it. She didn't appreciate it. Haha - like year 11 math. Remember "Graf" and "Graph" with the Bus Maker??

2manycupcakes said...

I want that cardigan!

etoilee8 said...

You and I are one of the same. I always think I can pull off some effortless casual style with big jeans and I end up looking, well short and eaten alive by my clothes!

Mila said...

Such sweet outfit.
Following.