FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Do you like my necklace in my last post?

If you excuse the horridious photo, the you can see how Fuckin'A it is.

Here are a few more phone photos but they really don't do it justice. I really need to "acquire" myself a camera.





Ok, I should probably take a side-note to explain the “Fuckin’A” thing. Have you read those Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich? If you haven’t then you should. Lula, Stephanie Plum’s large, black, ex-hooker come filing clerk sidekick says this a lot. And after 13 or so books (okay there are now 15 as of yesterday - my reading has been a little lapse lately) it kinda sticks. Now Joe Morelli is a completely different story... You'll have to read the books and find out why.

In the past, the phrase has inspired me to write the following letter to Law Firms everywhere during the hell that is Articles Applications.

Dear Prospective Employer,

I am Fuckin’A.

You are Fuckin’A.

Let’s be Fuckin’A together.

Love
Fi

Ok, so maybe that was only in my dream sequence. Although, isn't that what all covering letters are like anyway, just a bit fluffier.

PS. Excuse me if the constant use of crude language. If it offends, feel free to tune out! I can't promise it won't occur in the future.

On the theme of books, is anyone like me and just discovered the joys of iTunes? I am usually very savvy but alas not about this due to crappo computer that burdened me for the last six years until fabbo new laptop was purchased last month. Well I have also discovered the joys of Audiobooks. I listen to them as I go to sleep at night to remind me of the of my childhood inability to sleep without background noise in our old creaky house and probably my parents fancy not to continue reading me to sleep at night after the age of about 7. Hm, was there is even a comma in there? I think not. Sorry to anyone who is reading this out loud. You now have permission to breathe or take a puff on your inhaler if necessary. Mine is purple and shaped like a UFO. I co-ordinated it with my outfit the other day. It was a great look. For the two seconds it took me to take my puffs and put it back in my bag. I don't think the trend is going to catch on. But then, you ever know.

Anywho (another thing I will say a lot, not sure why though so will spare you another lengthy ramble), said necklace was made by friend Heidi of Jet & Ruby. We created it together based on the Like a Prayer bracelet, which I loved but which I would be completely incapable of wearing without smashing into a thousand beautiful pieces. The pieces are all named after 80’s songs as Heidi (and her friend Sharon) are children of the 80’s. Hides even had an 80’s themed 30th birthday party. I rediscovered my crimper and discovered West Coast Coolers at said party. I was 15 so you can excuse me for both. Hides, if you are reading this, when did we both get so old?

The Take Me On necklace is another fave of mine. It has a real bird inside. It is sitting on a swing that moves back and forth. The door to the cage even opens. It is really good for a fiddler like me. Not sure the workmates agree though.

I hope to do some outfits posts soon, I just have to either get up earlier or not rip my day clothes off the second I get home (are not people who don't do this odd). Anyway, in anticipation of what is to come, here is some of my wadrobe....



See ya later crocodile
Fi

No comments: