FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Seymour and Stuart

Once upon a time there was a man name Seymour.

Seymour's life long dream was to make shoes. So in the late 50's, Seymour started a shoe factory in Haverhill, Massachusetts. He aptly named his shoe company "Seymour Shoes". Over the years his shoes would also become known as "Mr Seymour".

In 1942, Seymour had had a son whom he called Stuart.


(Note: Stuart did not look like this in 1942)

Now when he grew up, Stuart had dreams of working on Wall Street. However, when Stuart was in his 20's, dear old Seymour passed away, and Stuart (along with his older brother Warren (Warren?? Kinda kills the Romance. Sorry to any Warren's that are reading)) took over the business and made shoes.

And make shoes he did.

Like these:







And these are delicious too. A little 80's but look at that COLOUR.





And then there are these. These make me a little short of breath and make my heart go all a flutter (or was that the hour walk I just came back from?? YAY for exercise - weight in tomorrow night - will keep you posted) and make me teary that the fabulousness that is Seymour and Stuart is being tainted by greedy ebay sellers asking $200 starting prices for these babies.





And these.....

OH

MY

GOD




WOW.

I will just have to comfort myself with the thought that these beauties are on their way to me as you read.

And that I have these babies on my feet as I type.




2 comments:

Elle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa said...

Some of those shoes are adorable!