FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We were awesome


 Sissy, Granny and Fi rocking into the late eighties

Inspired by Faux Fuschia who was inspired by My Parents Were Awesome I have decided to share some of my family's awesomeness with you.

Ok I was actually inspired after sitting in my room, not sleeping (What, me not sleep? It could not be) and staring at my string peg art (which you may remember from my This Morning post). The following photos are contained herein.

This is my dad's mother Enid. She looks so serene and elegant in this picture. I wish I knew this woman. Age has unfortunately not been kind to her.

This is my mum's mother Bunty. Ok so her real name is Kath (and she is the one wearing the funky shorts above), but when this photo was taken, I doubt anyone would have callled her that. Now genes are a wondrous thing because despite my dad's side of the family producing me little two cousins (from dad's half siblings) that look like they are my offspring, I also look so very much like my mum, who in turn looks like Bunty here.

You may not see the resemblence in this photo though. Look at that hair mum.

And because I can't resist, here is me. Aged about six months I assume, seeing this was taken at the farm my cousins (not the ones that look like me, the tall-thin-blonde ones) lived at. And six months from my birth would make it about Christmas, which seems about a good enough reasons for us city folks to be there. Anywho. This is me. I haven't really changed much.

This expression probably explains my premature brow wrinkles

The reason, why I am making this face? I will give you a hint. Look in the bottom left hand corner of the photo. What is that you ask? That is this fellow below, retreating after completely freaking out the baby. My cousin, who is only 6 months my senior, her 3 and a half year brother and my 3 and 9 month year old sister, were probably elated by the presence of this dear thing and jumping about outside the car asking to ride it. I alas was the timid child. It did not bide me well in childhood. There were many scrapes and brakes and a near fatal accident (but this clever child wore her bike helmet like the new law said, regardless of whether or not she was on a motor bike so no brain damage for me - YAY) caused by my timidness. The older children were never injured. I still feel the weather changing in my 20 year old chipped ankle bone from when the nasty older girl knocked me into the a 10 foot well to get to the Easter egg I was closing in on.

That is all.


1 comment:

sallyannie☆ said...

Aww! That is so adorable. Looking back on childhood memories and photos is so fun!