FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My views of mainstream music

Confession. I am not really into music. I like music and there is little music that I hate. I will listen to anything really. I get most enjoyment out of musical theatre songs and classical music. I don't have a favourite singer or band. I watch Glee.

Therefore my only opinion about mainstream music that it even has to be termed "mainstream" in the first place. Just because a song is played on the radio does not mean it is bad or not cool. Neither does it mean it is good. It really irritates me when people dislike music just because a lot of other people do and they get a lot of exposure. I know what it is like to be irritated by a song after hearing it a lot but I hate it that people won't even give a band/song a chance because every Tom, Dick and Harry have hears of it.

We all need a little mmbop in our lives after all.

Ok so I might need some help on this one readers so I will open the forum for discussion.. Take is away Looloo...

1 comment:

Elle said...

My opinion is much the same. (Well, you know, apart from a few of the sentences in the first paragraph, haha.) I hate almost nothing more than when people dislike music simply because it's popular, especially without even hearing it or giving it a chance. The worst is those people that like bands and then they get on the radio and it's suddenly like, "Oh no, I hate them now" or "I like their old stuff before they got popular". 'kay.

I really like this post. I really like Glee. I really like a lot of bands/artists that have never been played on the radio. I really like a lot of music played on the radio. Mmmbop.